Odysea’s Instructors perform all of the Ocean Cure camps. So what does that mean. For every paid lesson that people take with Odysea about 10% is given back to Ocean Cure! 100% of the instructors give their time to helping those in need at our Ocean Cure camps. One of things we pride ourselves on is hiring those who are willing to dedicate their time and truly care about all of the individuals that we serve during our camps. I feel ver fortunate to work with so many great people. Here is a little bit about Ocean Cure.
Ocean Cure is a local 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to giving free surf lessons to medically fragile and at risk youth and adults. We at Ocean Cure believe very strongly in the powerful emotional and physical healing properties of the ocean and surfing. During our charity surf camps for medically fragile and at-risk youth and adults our highly qualified instructors guide participants through their fear and apprehension around an activity that they otherwise thought impossible. Through surfing they are empowered to feel that there is no obstacle that they can not overcome. The waves extend beyond their personal experience and extend to the family members to build a positive relationship and common bond with families who are sharing the same experiences.
Now check our 2013 schedule and believe me this does not involve half of what we do on a daily basis.
Charity Camps 2013
- 2013 Schedule
- March 3rd. Leave Only Your Footprints Cape Fear Surfrider
- April 13-15th Wounded Warrior Project Camp Carolina Beach
- April 22 Earth Day
- May 15- 17th Little Pink Houses of Hope, Avon, NC
- May 18th Life Rolls On Wrightsville Beach, NC
- June 3rd- 5th Boys and Girls Club
- June 14th- 15th Wounded Warrior Project Surf Camp, Carolina Beach NC
- June 18th Wounded Warrior Project Surf Camp Buxton, NC
- July 19-21 Wounded Warrior Project Surf Camp, Carolina Beach NC
- July 30th- Little Pink Houses of Hope, Emerald Isle
- August 5th- 8th Wounded Warrior Project Surf Camp, Carolina Beach
- August 17th Visually Impaired Camp
- August 20- 22thAutismCamp
- September 30th Little Pink Houses of Hope, Buxton, NC
- October 28thLittle Pink Houses of Hope, North Myrtle Beach, SC
- November 5-8th Little Pink Houses of Hope, Myrtle Beach, SC
- Team Jelly Fish – Every Friday starting August 31 ends November 16th
- For questions on how to help or volunteer please contact us.
- CONTACT: Kevin Murphy (910) 431-0594