Oh sweet, looks like we have some junkie waves for the next couple of days on the South Eastern North Carolina coast. We for one are kind of excited. Granted, waist – chest semi-choppy to choppy waves aren’t the best/safest conditions to learn in. But, we at Odysea, as surfers, don’t mind them.
Having said that, safety is always a priority, “When in doubt, don’t paddle out”. As a beginning surfer, know your limits. If it looks a little precarious and you are doubting whether you can make it, don’t. There will always be waves on the horizon. We will leave you with something to think about.
- I will never turn my back on the ocean: Passion
- I will paddle around the impact zone: No short cuts
- I will take the drop with commitment: Courage, focus and determination
- I will never fight a rip tide: The danger of pride and egotism
- I will always paddle back out: Perseverance in the face of challenges
- I will watch out for other surfers after a big set: Responsibility
- I will know that there will always be another wave: Optimism
- I will ride and not paddle into shore: Self-esteem
- I will pass on my stoke to a non-surfer: Sharing knowledge and giving back
- I will catch a wave every day, even in my mind: Imagination
- I will realize that all surfers are joined by one ocean: Empathy
- I will honor the sport of kings: Honor and integrity